Friday, March 29, 2013

New Adult Review: Walking Disaster (Beautiful, #2) by Jamie McGuire

This book is suitable for (mature) Young Adult readers!!!
Goodread summary:
Finally, the highly anticipated follow-up to the New York Times bestseller Beautiful Disaster. Can you love someone too much?
Travis Maddox learned two things from his mother before she died: Love hard. Fight harder.

In Walking Disaster, the life of Travis is full of fast women, underground gambling, and violence. But just when he thinks he is invincible, Abby Abernathy brings him to his knees.

Every story has two sides. In Beautiful Disaster, Abby had her say. Now it’s time to see the story through Travis’s eyes.

You can find the book on Goodreads
And you can Pre-Order it from:

,
or



or

Barnes & Noble
And you should check out the author on Goodreads and her website.


Edit: March 25th (earlier version of my review here)
Okay so I calmed down and here it goes:

“I was now in a situation where I didn't have to prove myself, because the one person that fully accepted me, my best friend, was now a permanent fixture in my life.-pg 420/ARC”

I needed a little push to get into the book. I already knew what happens. Everyone that has read BD knows how things are going to unfold but this book gave us an inside to Travis' world, one that made the book more complete.

“It wasn't okay. I didn't want her to leave. I didn't care if Jesus wanted her or not. She was my mommy. He could take an old mommy. One that didn't have little boys to take care of.”

Reading books from one P.O.V always leaves us wondering about certain actions, thoughts and feeling of the other characters and I'm just so glad that this book exists... I had so many questions after BD because Travis is a force of nature and not knowing what he thinks and does when he's not around Abby was distracting at best.

But this book is so much more that what BD was. Starting it I expected to witness the very same events from BD just from a different point of view but this was so much more(I'm repeating myself, I know)! Travis' life is so much more complicated that what we could see in BD. His childhood was hard and he grew up a certain way, living a cold detached life so not to get hurt. We didn't know just how dark his life was before and at times after he met Abby.

“Watching Abby own my brothers--hand after hand was turning me on. I'd never seen a woman so sexy in my life, and this one happened to be my girlfriend.-pg 257/ARC”

She was a ray of sunshine for him, something that snapped him out of the trance he was living in and pulled him into a whole new world for him, filled with all these emotions he never allowed himself to feel before. She was what made him focus but she also had the power to destroy him.

All this and much more was revealed all trough the book. I stand behind my opinion(and Trav's by the way) that at times Abby was a b*tch. I started to disagree with a lot of things she did even though I know what she's been trough. The book just changes your perspective and gives you a lot more to think about. And I loved every second of it. It was amazing, there was joy and happiness, sadness, hatred, rage, pure love, everything. It was entertaining and fun and it was full of Travis and for a lot of people that will be enough!

“The whole feeling-out-of-my-element thing was pissing me off and then I had Pepe Le Pew over there threatening my death. Shepley with a crush was annoying. Shepley in love was almost intolerable.- pg32/ARC”

I highly recommend it to everyone that loves the New Adult genre and most definitely everyone that has already read Beautiful Disaster.

 I give it:

Here are the UK cover of the book
 
See the rest of my reviews here.
Until the next time,

No comments:

Post a Comment