Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Waiting on Wednesday (41)

Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted at Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.

Adult Pic

Music of the Heart by Katie Ashley
Expected Publication:  March 25th 2013
NAL Penguin
Synopsis(from Goodreads): 
For Abby Renard, the plan was supposed to be simple—join her brothers’ band on the last leg of their summer tour and decide if she’s finally ready for the limelight by becoming its fourth member. Of course, she never imagined stumbling onto the wrong tour bus at Rock Nation would accidentally land her in the bed of Jake Slater, the notorious womanizing lead singer of Runaway Train. When he mistakes her for one of his groupie’s, Abby quickly lets him know she sure as hell isn't in his bed on purpose.

Jake Slater never imagined the angel who fell into his bed would resist his charms by promptly kneeing him in the balls. Of course, the fact she seems like a prissy choir girl makes her anything but his type. So he is more than surprised when after betting Abby she wouldn’t last a week on their tour bus, she is more than willing to prove him wrong. But as Jake’s personal life begins to implode around him, he finds an unlikely ally in Abby. He’s never met a woman he can talk to, joke with, or most importantly make music with.

As the week starts comes to a close, neither Abby nor Jake is ready to let go. Can a sweetheart Country songstress and a bad boy of Rock N Roll actually have a future together?
I love the summary of this book. I recently discovered that I love books involving musicians so I'm up for anything that has any band related content... I'm super excited for this one because I really like where my mind is going when I read the summary and I can't wait!

I couldn't find a purchase link but I believe it's going to show up on Amazon on March 25th

YA Pick:

Not a Drop to Drink by Mindy McGinnis
Expected publication: September 10th 2013
Katherine Tegen Books



Synopsis(from Goodreads): 
Regret was for people with nothing to defend, people who had no water.

Lynn knows every threat to her pond: drought, a snowless winter, coyotes, and, most importantly, people looking for a drink. She makes sure anyone who comes near the pond leaves thirsty, or doesn't leave at all.

Confident in her own abilities, Lynn has no use for the world beyond the nearby fields and forest. Having a life means dedicating it to survival, and the constant work of gathering wood and water. Having a pond requires the fortitude to protect it, something Mother taught her well during their quiet hours on the rooftop, rifles in hand.

But wisps of smoke on the horizon mean one thing: strangers. The mysterious footprints by the pond, nighttime threats, and gunshots make it all too clear Lynn has exactly what they want, and they won’t stop until they get it….

With evocative, spare language and incredible drama, danger, and romance, debut author Mindy McGinnis depicts one girl’s journey in a barren world not so different than our own.
This book was already a very popular pick last week but I couldn't just not feature it on my WOW post. I love the sound of the story and I'd absolutely love to read the book when it comes out.

You can Pre-Order the book 
from Amazon:



or
from The Book Depository


Leave me a comment with your WOW posts and I promise to visit and comment!

Until the next time,
The links for the purchase to Amazon and The Book Depository are linked the my affiliate accounts and I will receive a small amount of money, which I plan to use for future giveaway!

9 comments:

  1. Both great picks, thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Music of the Heart definitely sounds like a really good one!(: I can't wait to read it!

    Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Not a Drop To Drink is on my to-read list too! :) It's sound so good that I can't wait to read it :)) About Music of the Heart..I haven't seen it before but it does sound interesting :))

    Our WOW

    ReplyDelete
  4. Both of these sounds so good. Not A Drop To Drink is on my wishlist Nice picks.

    Thanks for stopping by my WoW
    Jenea @ Books Live Forever's WoW

    ReplyDelete
  5. I cannot wait for Not A Drop To Drink it sounds so good. Plus being a fan of the cover also helps.

    My WoW@Blood,Sweat and Books

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the cover for Not a Drop to Drink! It's got a Kansas/Oz black&white to color parallel going for it. :) And the book sounds freaking fantasic! Great pick!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The first pick is new to me but sounds really good. I've seen Not a Drop to Drink and that's a pretty fantastic cover. Great picks!
    My WoW Pick!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I can´t wait to read Not a Drop to Drink, this book sounds really good. Nice picks!

    Here is My WOW

    ReplyDelete
  9. not a drop to drink sounds amazing!

    ReplyDelete