Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Waiting on Wednesday (43)

Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted at Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.

New Adult Pic

Twisted Summer by Lucy V. Morgan
Expected Publication:  March 31st 2013
Synopsis(from Goodreads): 
A dark New Adult romance

You have to understand that we never meant for it to happen. We knew it was stupid. We knew it was wrong.

Eighteen-year-old Danni Warren has big plans for her last summer before college: a cool job, a concert she wouldn’t miss for the world, and spending time with her beautiful girlfriend, Esme. But after one hell of an argument, Danni’s mother packs her off to stay with her estranged step-uncle, Gabe, in his lodge on the English coast. So begins a weekend of the worst punishment imaginable: no phone signal.

With his sun kissed good looks and sarcastic manner, twenty-nine-year-old Gabe Asher isn’t anything like Danni expected. She wants to hate him—he’s her punishment for standing up to her mother—but between surfing lessons and beach hikes, Gabe and Danni grow close. Maybe too close.

Now Danni’s questioning everything: old family secrets, her future, her strained relationship with Esme. One sun stained afternoon, Gabe and Danni go too far. And then everything else falls apart…
I'm part of the cover reveal that was set for today and it was a good fit to choose this one as my WOW new adult pick. Really excited about the book because it sound really good.

YA Pick:

Stung by Bethany Wiggins
Expected publication: April 2nd 2013
Walker Childrens



Synopsis(from Goodreads): 
There is no cure for being stung.

Fiona doesn’t remember going to sleep. But when she opens her eyes, she discovers her entire world has been altered—her house is abandoned and broken, and the entire neighborhood is barren and dead. Even stranger is the tattoo on her right hand—a black oval with five marks on either side—that she doesn’t remember getting but somehow knows she must cover at any cost. She’s right.

Those bearing the tattoo have turned into mindless, violent beasts that roam the streets and sewers, preying upon the unbranded while a select few live protected inside a fortress-like wall, their lives devoted to rebuilding society and killing all who bear the mark.

Now Fiona has awakened branded, alone—and on the wrong side of the wall.
I love the sound of this one and I can't wait to get my hands on it. I'm really excited about reading the book when it comes out.

You can Pre-Order the book 
from Amazon:



or
from The Book Depository


Leave me a comment with your WOW posts and I promise to visit and comment!

Until the next time,
The links for the purchase to Amazon and The Book Depository are linked the my affiliate accounts and I will receive a small amount of money, which I plan to use for future giveaway!

30 comments:

  1. Okay, the font treatment on TWISTED SUMMER is gorgeous. I know it's a small thing to notice, but that's the cover designer in me! I love the sound of STUNG too. Great picks!

    Stop by my WoW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really like the cover of Twisted Summer too and I was really happy that I got to do a Cover reveal and to feature it on my WOW post... I'm glad you like my picks and I hope you enjoy reading Stung if you ever pick it up. Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  2. I agree with Hafsah, the font of Twisted Summer is pretty awesome! I really love that cover

    - Juhina @ Maji Bookshelf

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Grad you like it and thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  3. I'm participating in the cover reveal of Twisted Summer :) so awesome. and I can't wait to read both. good choices.

    http://itchingforbooks.blogspot.com/2013/03/waiting-on-wednesday-39.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I'm part of the cover reveal too and I'm really excited abot Twisted Summar. Thaks for stopping by!

      Delete
  4. Ah! - Both your Ya and New Adult picks look great! I haven't heard of either, but will be picking them up once they come out and I have some extra cash. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I'm so happy you like them. I hope you enjoy reading them when you get them.. Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  5. I like the sound of Stung. Not too much interested in NA but this one does sound good. Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for visiting back Erika. I'm glad you like Stung and I hope you like it if you decide to read it.

      Delete
  6. Ooh, I haven't heard of your New Adult pick but I think I'll definitely be checking it out. Stung sounds like it's going to be amazing! Great choices :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stoppibg by Samantha. I'm really glad you like my picks and I hope you enjoy reading them if you ever pick them up.

      Delete
  7. I've been seeing so much of this book :) I really need to see what its all about!


    Janina
    My WW!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Which book? Anyway I hope you like it. Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  8. Stung sounds so good! Great choice :).
    Here's my WoW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for visiting! Glad you like the sound of Stung and I hope you enjoy reading it!

      Delete
  9. I have an ARC of Stung, but I don't know when I'm going to get to it. Twisted Summer looks really good. I love a NA, as a twist to my YA reading. I will have to check it out. Thanks for visiting my WoW.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know the feeling. I have quite a few books lined up for me to read and review and I don't have any time for them right now... I'm glad you like my picks and I hope you enjoy reading them.
      Thanks for visiting back!

      Delete
  10. I've seen Stung around and it looks scary! Maybe I'll read it after I see some reviews. Twisted Summer is new for me. I hope you'll get them soon :) Thanks for stopping by :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not sure I'll get them anytime soon but I'm really excited for both. Thanks for visiting and I hope you decide to read Stung after you read some reviews...

      Delete
  11. Replies
    1. Glad you like them. Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  12. Stung is definitvely something to look forward to! And Twisted Summer just got me, onto my tbr it goes. Great picks, thanks so much for sharing. =) My WoW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad I could help with filling you tbr list... :D I hope you enjoy reading both when and if you decide to pick them up. Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
  13. Replies
    1. Yeah, I'm realy excited about it. Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  14. Nice! Both are new to me but I hope you enjoy them when you read them!

    Thanks for visiting my WoW!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for visiting Jessica. I hope I like them too... :)

      Delete
  15. Oh, awesome covers :D Both books sounds amazing. I hope you will enjoy them both when they come out :)
    Thank you for commenting on my WoW. <3
    Love, Carina @ Carina's Books

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by Carina! I'm glad you like my picks.

      Delete