Monday, April 1, 2013

YA Review: Wanted (Pretty Little Liars, #8) by Sara Shepard

This book is suitable for Young Adult readers!!!

Goodread summary:
In Rosewood, majestic estates sprawl for acres, and Tiffany toggle bracelets dangle from every girl's wrist. But not all that glitters is gold, and the town harbors secrets darker than anyone could imagine—like the truth about what really happened the night Alison DiLaurentis went missing. . . .

Back in middle school, Ali plucked Emily, Hanna, Aria, and Spencer from obscurity and turned them into the beautiful, popular girls everyone wanted to be. Ali was the best friend they ever had. But she also made them do terrible things and taunted them with their worst secrets. Now, three years later, all their questions about Ali have finally been answered and they can put this awful chapter of their lives behind them. Or so they think.

Not every story has a happy ending, especially when four pretty little liars have done so many wicked things. In the dramatic conclusion of Sara Shepard's bestselling Pretty Little Liars series, Emily, Hanna, Aria, and Spencer could get everything they've ever wanted—unless A has one more horrifying twist in store

You can find the book on Goodreads
And you can purchase it from:

,
or



or

Barnes & Noble
And you should check out the author on Goodreads and her website.


I keep reading these books out of habit and because I just want to see where the story will take us. I'm no longer excited about them or interested in that can't-wait-to-read-again way, I just pick them up from the library book after book and I somehow push through them.

I'll continue to do that mainly because I sill want to know in what idiotic situation are the girls going to put themselves in. I mean, COME ON... don't you learn.

Having said that, this book was what I've been waiting for and towards the end I was actually interested in it and I was happy to finally find out who A is. After a whole book full of wrong choices, way too trusting characters and some sort-of-interesting situations I finally had most of my questions answered and in my opinion things should have ended here.

Anyway, Aria, Spencer, Hanna and Emily were each targeted more closely by A than in any other book before. They were stunned with information that was very unexpected(well it would have been if it hadn't been years since the book was published and if we all hadn't heard the rumors...) and they realize just how foolish they were about trusting Ali in the first place. B*tches like that hardly ever change and it's not overnight so if anyone does, there's more to it that meets the eye.

The girls also had a personal problem to deal with, but it was all connected and fueled by A and her schemes.

All in all it was an interesting enough book, not to make me trow it across the room at least. It was entertaining to watch our pretty little liars squirm under A's thumb and I know this sounds insensitive but when you're dating a teacher, you're ready to throw everyone under the buss if it'll guarantee your popularity or something else of that genre then you kind of deserve the crap that's being handed to you.
I'm all against bullying but this is well deserved, at least at times!

Of course I wasn't laughing at all the stuff that happened, some were just cruel but some were entertaining...

I'm kind of disappointed at the books , God only knows why because I wasn't expecting much, so that's why I'm so harsh right now but I'll still pick up book 9 when it's available at my library. I'm not very encouraging so don't mind me, if you've like the books so far you should read along...

 I give it:
Here are the other covers I found:

The second cover is the one from my country.

See the rest of my reviews here.
Until the next time,

No comments:

Post a Comment