Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Waiting on Wednesday (56)

Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted at Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.

  Adult Pic

Working It by Kendall Ryan
Expected publication: October 2013


Synopsis(from Goodreads):
A New Adult Romance from New York Times & USA Today Bestselling Author Kendall Ryan.

Straight-laced Emmy Clarke’s assistant job at the modeling agency provides her with one distinct perk – getting to watch pretty mancandy parade around all day. But having to work under the ultra-bitchy Fiona Stone barely makes it worth it. Emmy enjoys looking, but she’s not stupid enough to fall for one of the tempting specimens. Especially not rising star Ben Shaw.

Ben is everything Emmy’s not: well-traveled, highly paid and exquisitely gorgeous. He’s also got more issues than Vogue. Against her better judgment to get involved, Emmy’s southern roots kick in, and whenever he’s on set, she makes sure he’s treated well and looked after. But she refuses to become one of the pathetic groupies lusting after him, and soon Ben’s drawn toward her refreshingly real attitude.

Against the backdrop of fashion shows in NYC, Paris and Milan, their casual flirting turns into more, and they embark on a journey of sexual discovery. But when Ben’s twisted past is uncovered, it threatens both their relationship and careers as the bitter Fiona digs her claws in, unwilling to let her golden boy go without a catfight.

Filled with passion, jealousy and heart-thumping sex, Working It is the tale of falling for a supermodel.
I saw this one on a WOW post last week and I really liked the sound of it. I'd love to give it a try when it comes out...

YA Pick:

Expected Publication:   September 3rd 2013
Little, Brown Books for Young Readers


Synopsis(from Goodreads):
In the future, humans live in city-like spaceships orbiting far above Earth's toxic atmosphere. No one knows when, or even if, the long-abandoned planet will be habitable again. But faced with dwindling resources and a growing populace, government leaders know they must reclaim their homeland... before it's too late.

Now, one hundred juvenile delinquents are being sent on a high-stakes mission to recolonize Earth. After a brutal crash landing, the teens arrive on a savagely beautiful planet they've only seen from space. Confronting the dangers of this rugged new world, they struggle to form a tentative community. But they're haunted by their past and uncertain about the future. To survive, they must learn to trust - and even love - again.
I'm so excited about this one. I found out about it when I watched the TV series trailer and I loved it so I can only imagine how good the book will be.

You can purchase/Pre-Order the book 
from Amazon
or 
from The Book Depository


What are you waiting on this week. Leave me a comment with your WOW-post links and I promise to visit.

Until the next time,
The links for the purchase to Amazon and The Book Depository are linked the my affiliate accounts and I will receive a small amount of money, which I plan to use for future giveaway!

6 comments:

  1. I love the sound of both of these! I'm especially looking forward to Working It. It sounds awesome!
    Great picks :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. These both look good Marti..but NA is like crack and so I must grab Ryan's new book when it releases!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Both of your choices look awesome!! I hope you enjoy them!!
    Thanks so much for stopping by my blog. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great choice! I can't wait for these either : )

    my WOW and giveaway

    ReplyDelete
  5. The 100 looks awesome! I love it when YA meets science fiction. Thanks for putting in on my radar and thanks for stopping by my post. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can't wait to read The 100! My friend brought me back an ARC from ALA, and I'm really looking forward to getting started. Thanks for stopping by :)

    ReplyDelete