Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Waiting on Wednesday (63)

Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted at Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.

  Adult Pic

Hard As It Gets (Hard Ink #1) by Laura Kaye
Expected publication: November 26th 2013
Avon

Synopsis(from Goodreads):
 Tall, dark, and lethal...

Trouble just walked into Nicholas Rixey's tattoo parlor. Becca Merritt is warm, sexy, wholesome — pure temptation to a very jaded Nick. He's left his military life behind to become co-owner of Hard Ink Tattoo, but Becca is his ex-commander's daughter. Loyalty won't let him turn her away. Lust has plenty to do with it too.

With her brother presumed kidnapped, Becca needs Nick. She just wasn't expecting to want him so much. As their investigation turns into all-out war with an organized crime ring, only Nick can protect her. And only Becca can heal the scars no one else sees.

Desire is the easy part. Love is as hard as it gets. Good thing Nick is always up for a challenge...
 
I just saw this one last week and I'm pretty excited about it. I also really like a lot of Avon releases so I'm really looking forward to reading this one.

You can purchase/Pre-Order the book 
from Amazon:

Young Adult Pick:

Published: September 24th 2013
Little, Brown Books for Young Readers

Synopsis(from Goodreads):
The triangular spaceship hovered motionless in the sky above Reese Holloway’s house, as inscrutable as a black hole. It had seemed like a good idea when they were inside: to tell the truth about what happened to them at Area 51. It didn’t seem like such a good idea now.

Reese and David are not normal teens—not since they were adapted with alien DNA by the Imria, an extraterrestrial race that has been secretly visiting Earth for decades. Now everyone is trying to get to them: the government, the Imria, and a mysterious corporation that would do anything for the upper hand against the aliens.

Beyond the web of conspiracies, Reese can’t reconcile her love for David with her feelings for her ex-girlfriend Amber, an Imrian. But her choice between two worlds will play a critical role in determining the future of humanity, the Imria’s place in it, and the inheritance she and David will bring to the universe.

In this gripping sequel to Adaptation, Malinda Lo brings a thoughtful exploration of adolescence, sexuality, and “the other” to a science fiction thriller that is impossible to put down.
I haven't actually read the first book in the series but I really like the sound of this one. I would love to read this one so I'll have to read book one soon. 

You can purchase/Pre-Order the book 
from Amazon

What are you waiting on this week. Leave me a comment with your WOW-post links and I promise to visit.

Until the next time,
The links for the purchase to Amazon and The Book Depository are linked the my affiliate accounts and I will receive a small amount of money, which I plan to use for future giveaway!

23 comments:

  1. i love that your have a romance and a YA pick because they're my genre of choice. hard as it gets has a very hot cover <3 <3 and malinda lo is always awesome :)

    hope you can stop by my WoW.

    -michelle @ Michelle & Leslie's Book Picks

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait to read L.Kaye. Great picks.

    Glass @ Way Too Hot Books

    ReplyDelete
  3. Woe, Inheritance sounds amazing. Great pick!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm dying to get Hard As It Gets! Very excited for this one. And Inheritance... I only skimmed over the summary, because just the cover has me wanting. Thanks so much for sharing, this is going onto my tbr!
    My WoW, and I have a giveaway running to celebrate my job.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Both sound like interesting series. Thanks for sharing :)

    Happy Wednesday!

    http://www.itchingforbooks.com/2013/10/waiting-on-wednesday-68-oblivion.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. Both sound good. Hope you get to read it soon!

    Brandi at Blkosiner’s Book Blog

    ReplyDelete
  7. Haven't heard of either before, but both sound pretty good! I'm intrigued by the alien DNA in Inheritance haha. Thanks for sharing & stopping by Bookmunchies.

    PS. We're having a Fierce Reads Giveaway too (:

    ReplyDelete
  8. The YA pick looks interesting! And thanks for stopping by too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. They both sound really good! I haven't heard of them before, thanks for sharing:) And thanks for stopping by The Quiet Girl Talks!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I really need to read the first book in the Lo trilogy. The other book looks yummy! :) Great picks.

    ReplyDelete
  11. *tries to stop checking out cover for 'Hard as it gets'* tattooed ex-military guys are not my thing, but damn those abs. :D
    I haven't read 'Adaptation' too but I agree that 'Inheritance' sounds interesting.

    Thanks for stopping by my WOW.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great picks! Adaptation by Malinda Lo is also still on my TBR list >_<

    Thanks for dropping by my WoW! :D

    - Kazhy @ My Library in the Making

    ReplyDelete
  13. I saw inheritance on the shelf yesterday and had to go research the first one – I don't know how it slipped past my radar, but it looks like one I want to read for sure! Thank you for stopping by my WoW this week. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hard As It Gets sounds very thrilling, as does Inheritance. I'll have to check out both.


    Thank you for stopping by our blog last week and I'm terribly sorry for the late reply. I've been a bit busy!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks for visiting back! I'm glad you like my picks!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thanks for visiting Niki. I hadn't seen book one either but I'll have to catch up.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thanks Brandi. I'm really hoping I get them soon too.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hah I was feeling the same about Inheritance when I first saw it. Thanks for visiting!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Glad you like it and thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Not everyone reads Adult so I want to have something for almost everyone. Thanks for visiting!

    ReplyDelete