Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Waiting on Wednesday (64)

Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted at Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.

  Adult Pic

Sinister Kisses (SKALS #1) by Adriana Noir

Published: March 23rd 2013

Synopsis(from Goodreads):
After a chance encounter in the woods leaves her shaken and reeling, the last thing Taylor McAvay wanted to do was accept an invitation to dinner. Then again, after seeing what Sebastian Baas was capable of, she felt she had little choice. The guy did just save her life, and the feel of his partner’s assault rifle pressed against her cheek still lingered in her mind.

What she discovers surprises her. Beneath the armor and fatigues, is a smart, attentive, and sophisticated man. Unable to resist, Taylor finds herself drawn in by the Special Agent’s charm. Everything about Sebastian, from his imposing presence to his hypnotic eyes, pulls her under his spell. When a drive by shooting leaves her apartment riddled with bullets, she falls under his command as well—not to mention the shadow of a lethal, underground organization known as SKALS.

Her lover has a dark and dangerous side he tries to keep hidden, but when a series of events sends their lives spiraling out of control, she realizes there is much more to him than meets the eye. Whether she wants to leave or not doesn't matter. Taylor soon learns, when it comes to Sebastian and SKALS, there is no escape.

**DISCLAIMER** This is NOT your average romance. It's not a feel good story. It's a dark, gritty, sometimes erotic psychological thriller with a heavy emphasis on plot. It also contains elements of dominance and discipline with dubious consent, psychological conditioning, and mental manipulation. There’s also gunfire and violence. If any of this offends you, this may not be the book for you.
I stumbled upon this one last week and I know it's already released but I loved the summary and I can't wait to get myself a copy.

Couldn't find purchase links

Young Adult Pick:

Expected Publication:  November 26th 2013
Harlequin Teen
Synopsis(from Goodreads):
YOU CAN BE A VII. IF YOU GIVE UP EVERYTHING.

For Kitty Doe, it seems like an easy choice. She can either spend her life as a III in misery, looked down upon by the higher ranks and forced to leave the people she loves, or she can become a VII and join the most powerful family in the country.

If she says yes, Kitty will be Masked—surgically transformed into Lila Hart, the Prime Minister's niece, who died under mysterious circumstances. As a member of the Hart family, she will be famous. She will be adored. And for the first time, she will matter.

There's only one catch. She must also stop the rebellion that Lila secretly fostered, the same one that got her killed …and one Kitty believes in. Faced with threats, conspiracies and a life that's not her own, she must decide which path to choose—and learn how to become more than a pawn in a twisted game she's only beginning to understand.

Previously titled Masked.
This one is a pretty popular pick and I really like the sound of it. I don't know when I'll get the chance to read it but I'm excited.

You can purchase/Pre-Order the book 
from Amazon
or



What are you waiting on this week. Leave me a comment with your WOW-post links and I promise to visit.

Until the next time,
The links for the purchase to Amazon and The Book Depository are linked the my affiliate accounts and I will receive a small amount of money, which I plan to use for future giveaway!

13 comments:

  1. Jennifer MesserschmidtOctober 16, 2013 at 8:41 AM

    Very excited for Pawn. I loved Aimee Carter's Goddess series. This one sounds even better! Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  2. 'Sinister Kisses' looks like it's too dark for me, I'm not into abuse stories. Give me sweet and fluffy romance.
    'Pawn' is as you said very popular these days. I'll probably read it too.

    Nice picks! Thanks for stopping by my WOW.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't heard of that adult pick, but everyone seem to be waiting for Pawn. I have seen it around and it sounds really good. I hope you'll get them soon :)

    Tanja @ Ja čitam, a ti?

    ReplyDelete
  4. i'm intrigued by sinister kisses even though i prefer fun contemporary romances. carter's goddess series didn't really interest me but i'm excited about pawn too--the premise of it sounds fantastic. great picks :)

    hope you can stop by my WoW.

    -michelle @ Michelle & Leslie's Book Picks

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is the first time I've seen Sinister Kisses but since I'm not into erotica, I think I'll skip it. Pawn is already on my TBR. So excited to read it. Thanks for stopping by!

    Chel @ The Procrastinator's Corner

    ReplyDelete
  6. These do look very exciting....lots of adrenaline pumping throughout. I don't usually read this kind of book, but they are tempting. Thanks for sharing...and for visiting my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great picks. Thanks for sharing :)

    Happy Wednesday!

    http://www.itchingforbooks.com/2013/10/waiting-on-wednesday-69-snow-in-summer.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm starting Pawn this week. It looks fantastic! Great picks this week!

    Mary @ Mary Had a Little Book Blog
    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, I've got PAWN on my Kindle to be read soon. I've heard some good things, so I hope I like it. Thanks for stopping by!

    Rachel @ Beauty and the Bookshelf

    ReplyDelete
  10. Andrea @ The Bookish BabeOctober 17, 2013 at 6:33 AM

    Nice picks! Sinister Kisses looks like something I might like. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for visiting Jess. I hope you like Pawn if you ever decide to read it.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I hope you enjoy reading it! Thanks for stopping by.

    ReplyDelete