Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Waiting on Wednesday (66)

Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted at Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.

  New Adult Pic 

The Only One by Magan Vernon
Published: October 10th 2013 
Published by: Beautifully Broken Books
Synopsis(from Goodreads):
Sweet and sexy!! Loved it! This is the type of story you read again and again- #1 New York Times best selling author Rachel Van Dyken

Honor student, manager at the campus coffee shop, owner of an impressive sweater collection – Melanie Wilder has it all together. Then John “John Boy” Walden strolls into her life wearing nothing more than an impish grin and all-too-revealing loin cloth.

Soon, make-out sessions replace homework, lust triumphs over work. And to further crumble her perfect world, an unexpected phone call threatens to take away everything she’s worked for.

Now, as Melanie struggles to pick up the pieces, she realizes that John may be the only one to put her life back together…unless he shatters it first.

**This is not a sequel to The Only Exception. It's a companion novel with two characters from the first book. You don't need to read The Only Exception to understand this book.**

This one was just published a few weeks ago and I still haven't had the chance to read it but I really like the sound of it. I saw it on a WOW post a while back and I'm really excited about it.

You can purchase/Pre-Order the book 
from Amazon

Young Adult Pick:

On The Fence by Kasie West
Expected Publication: July 1st 2014
Published by: HarperTeen
Synopsis(from Goodreads):
For sixteen-year-old Charlotte Reynolds, aka Charlie, being raised by a single dad and three older brothers has its perks. She can out-run, out-score, and outwit every boy she knows--including her long-time neighbor, and honorary fourth brother, Braden.

But when it comes to being a girl, Charlie doesn't know the first thing about anything. So when she starts working at a chi-chi boutique to pay off a speeding ticket, she finds herself in a strange new world of makeup, lacy skirts, and bedazzlers. Even stranger, she's spending time with a boy who has never seen her tear it up in a pick-up game.

To cope with the stress of faking her way through this new reality, Charlie seeks late night refuge in her backyard, talking out her problems with Braden by the fence that separates them. But their Fence Chats can't solve Charlie's biggest problem: she's falling for Braden. Hard. She knows what it means to go for the win, but if spilling her secret means losing him for good, the stakes just got too high.
I saw this one last week and I fell in love with it. I really like the sound of it and I can't wait to get my hands on it when it comes out next year. Super excited!

You can purchase/Pre-Order the book 
from Amazon
or


What are you waiting on this week. Leave me a comment with your WOW-post links and I promise to visit.

Until the next time,
The links for the purchase to Amazon and The Book Depository are linked the my affiliate accounts and I will receive a small amount of money, which I plan to use for future giveaways!

15 comments:

  1. Oh...now we are going somewhere - love the cover and blurb of first book:DD

    Glass @ Way Too Hot Books

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've heard quite a bit about both of these! I can't wait for On the Fence. And I really need to start Magan Vernon's series. Great picks :D

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  3. On the fence is just my kind of thing! I hadn't seen it yet so thanks for sharing!

    My WOW

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Adult picks sounds like something I'd love, too. Nice picks. My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cool picks. Thanks for sharing :)

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  6. Alyssa @ Swept Away By BooksOctober 30, 2013 at 5:44 PM

    On The Fence was my pick last week and I am so incredibly excited for it! Great choices.


    Thanks for stopping by Swept Away By Books!

    ReplyDelete
  7. On The fence sounds super interesting. Great pick! :)

    Our WoW

    Andy @ Owl Always Be Reading

    ReplyDelete
  8. Both of these look really good. Thanks for sharing.

    my WOW: http://www.bookythoughtsandme.com/waiting-on-wednesday-unwept/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Haven't heard of either, but I know Kasie West is popular! I'm a new GFC follower.

    Check out my WOW

    ReplyDelete
  10. I can't wait for On the Fence either, it sounds so good!

    Thanks for visiting me WoW @ The NerdHerd Reads

    ReplyDelete
  11. I saw On the Fence earlier today on a different WoW and I'm excited for it! Love the romance and cute cover =)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ooh, I'm quite interested in On the Fence! I've never heard of it, but I like the sound of it! I especially like that she's described as having a great sweater collection. :) Great picks!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm not really into contemporary romances these days, but Kasie West's books just look TOO CUTE! I will have to check ON THE FENCE out.


    Thanks for visiting my WoW post!

    ReplyDelete
  14. On the Fence sounds SO cute! I love stories where best friends end up falling for each other. Great pick. :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Both are a little outside of my wheelhouse but I sincerely hope you enjoy them! :-)

    ReplyDelete