Monday, January 13, 2014

Adult Review: Twice Tempted (Night Prince, #2) by Jeaniene Frost

This book is suitable for Adult readers!!!

Goodread summary:
Dating the Prince of Darkness has its challenges...

Leila's psychic abilities have been failing her, and now she isn't sure what the future holds. If that weren't enough, her lover, Vlad, has been acting distant. Though Leila is a mere mortal, she's also a modern woman who refuses to accept the cold shoulder treatment forever–especially from the darkly handsome vampire who still won't admit that he loves her.

Like choosing between eternal love and a loveless eternity...

Soon circumstances send Leila back to the carnival circuit, where tragedy strikes. And when she finds herself in the crosshairs of a killer who may be closer than she realizes, Leila must decide who to trust– the fiery vampire who arouses her passions like no other or the tortured knight who longs to be more than a friend? With danger stalking her every step of the way, all it takes is one wrong move to damn her for eternity.

You can find the book on Goodreads
And you can purchase it from:

,
or

http://amzn.to/1ci3bp3

or

Barnes & Noble
And you should check out the author on Goodreads and her website.


I was very lucky to get the chance to read this book and I started it immediately. And I finished reading it pretty fast because it was awesome!

I've loved each and every single book I've read so far and I was dying to read this one. I was not surprised by how much I liked this one.
I love the Night Huntress world in general and I'm quite frankly addicted to the story so this was my latest fix and it was really awesome.
I adore the characters and Vlad has always been one of my favorites so reading the books about him make me extremely happy.

“You should be afraid. Very afraid. Before, I told you if you wanted to end things between us, I would let you go, but, Leila"--his voice deepened--"I lied.”

Again, the narrator in the story was Leila. She has always been an outsider in the human world because she was so different and dangerous to every human. Her abilities allow her to see people's worst sin but also she can electrocute them so she's always had to stay away in order not to kill someone. And then she was dragged into the vampire world where she was an outsider once again.
Maybe that was the reason Vlad was so taken by her but that's not important. What is important is that once she admitted to herself that she is in love with Vlad, she wasn't about to let go of him.

“You can have all of me, I silently told him, but I'm taking all of you in return.”

I re-read the ending of book one so I expected to find Leila somehow clinging to Vlad but that was a mistake on my part. She is a character that fights for what she wants but she also knows when to give up. Having to best Vlad at the game of who is more stubborn, she just didn't have the chance. I was surprised to see her leave Vlad because I was sure they were bound to be together soon. I just didn't see coming what happened next.

Leila had the intention to get back to her old job with her friend Marty but she soon found out that he had replaced her in his act. That ended up saving her life because soon after she returned home, someone tried to kill her and nearly succeeded.
That was where the crazy journey began and it was a very interesting ride to the end.

“I dare because I want no misunderstanding between us. I am everything you think I am, but I love your daughter, and what I love, I protect with all of the violence in me, which, as you've guessed, is considerable.”

Both Vlad and Leila had to deal with their own issues and they had to compromise a lot (mainly Vlad did the compromising because Leila proved to be very good at getting what she wants). I was very excited while I was reading the book because I had no idea where the story would take us and I was pleasantly surprised.

It was yet another amazing book to the incredible Night Huntress world and I'm definitely buying the book for myself when I get the chance to. I loved it and I recommend it to all NH series fans.

 I give it:

See the rest of my reviews here.
Until the next time,

No comments:

Post a Comment