Tuesday, January 7, 2014

NA Review: Thoughtless (Thoughtless #1) by S.C. Stephens

This book is suitable for Adult readers!!!

Goodread summary:
For almost two years now, Kiera's boyfriend, Denny, has been everything she's ever wanted: loving, tender and endlessly devoted to her. When they head off to a new city to start their lives together, Denny at his dream job and Kiera at a top-notch university, everything seems perfect. Then an unforeseen obligation forces the happy couple apart.

Feeling lonely, confused, and in need of comfort, Kiera turns to an unexpected source—a local rock star named Kellan Kyle. At first, he's purely a friend that she can lean on, but as her loneliness grows, so does their relationship. And then one night everything changes...and none of them will ever be the same.

You can find the book on Goodreads
And you can purchase it from:

,
or

http://amzn.to/1ggT49k

or

Barnes & Noble
And you should check out the author on Goodreads and her website.


I don't know why I never wrote a review for this book but I really liked it when I read it. I'll have to refresh my memory of the story to be able to write a full review but it's definitely a 5 stars book. I loved it.
It was definitely a passionate read!

“He said I was his heart, and you don’t leave your heart behind. You can’t live without your heart.”

The summary is pretty explanatory as for what is happening in the book. The story is told from Kiera's P.O.V and through her eyes we saw Danny and how perfect he seemed but then he had to leave and I felt nothing... He was a character with a purpose in this story and he had to leave for the relationship between Kiera and Kellan to bloom.

“I don't know how to let you back in." My heart beat spiked and I closed my eyes when he whispered," I don't know how to keep you out either.”

The thing that surprised me so much is how right it felt. The connection between them is instant and it's there even when Danny was around but when he left Kiera had the time to get close to Kellan.

“God, you're sucking all the fun out of our friendship.”

I am against cheating but here is what got me confused so much... things sort of just happened. It's not like Kiera couldn't wait to jump in Kellan's bed right after Danny left. They became really close friends, when she was left to live with him for a couple of months and they just grew closer and closer while Danny became distant. He almost never called and he was a faint memory in Keira's mind because her life and her job distracted her but also because Kellan was there all the time.

What I'm trying to say is that even though I'm against cheating, Keira and Kellan's relationship felt right. Danny was not the right person for Keira and ... yeah she should have broke it off with him, and that's her mistake but her relationship with Kellan was the right choice...

“Can you lose something that was never yours to begin with?" - Keira”

I loved the book. It was interesting and passionate and fun and then heartbreaking. It was everything it should be and I'm really looking forward to reading the rest of the books in the series.

 I give it:

Here are some the other covers I found:

See the rest of my reviews here.
Until the next time,

No comments:

Post a Comment