Saturday, January 4, 2014

YA Review: The Collector (Dante Walker, #1) by Victoria Scott

This book is suitable for Young Adult readers!!!

Goodread summary:
He makes good girls...bad.

Dante Walker is flippin’ awesome, and he knows it. His good looks, killer charm, and stellar confidence have made him one of hell’s best—a soul collector. His job is simple: weed through humanity and label those round rears with a big red good or bad stamp. Old Saint Nick gets the good guys, and he gets the fun ones. Bag-and-tag.

Sealing souls is nothing personal. Dante’s an equal-opportunity collector and doesn't want it any other way. But he’ll have to adjust, because Boss Man has given him a new assignment:

Collect Charlie Cooper’s soul within ten days.

Dante doesn't know why Boss Man wants Charlie, nor does he care. This assignment means only one thing to him, and that’s a permanent ticket out of hell. But after Dante meets the quirky Nerd Alert chick he’s come to collect, he realizes this assignment will test his abilities as a collector…and uncover emotions deeply buried.

You can find the book on Goodreads
And you can purchase it from:

,
or

http://amzn.to/19WnufJ


or

Barnes & Noble
And you should check out the author on Goodreads and her website.


I have no idea how I never got around to write a review for this book and it’s a damn shame, because the book is awesome! Now I don’t remember every single detail about it because it’s been months since I finished it but I’ll try to express my emotions about it the best I can.

“People change when shit happens.”

Dante is HOT! I have to get that out of the way because there’s no avoiding it. He’s hot and he is the Devil’s right hand man, doing an awesome job taking people’s soul but as fate should have it, he meets a girl and at some point he started to think about her as more than just a faceless person he has to mark. Instead her light pulls him towards her with power stronger than his will and for the first time in so long, he wants to let it.

Charlie Cooper is not your typical heroine and she has some flaws in her. She isn’t pretty and her scars run deeper than her skin but she is a fighter and it’s impossible not to love her. She is also a good girl so it doesn’t make any sense for the Underworld to want her so badly but Dante doesn’t care and for his plans to work, Charlie needed to become bad. To do something reckless and dangerous or mean so he set off to turning her bad. Not an easy job at all but it was fun to watch his attempts.

“I wonder what it would feel like to laugh like that, with complete abandon.”

Dante’s presence changes Charlie but not in the way he wanted it, at least not always. Before she met him she was shy and closed off and she had just her two friends and she was happy and content but when he came around she wanted more. She wanted him.

The story is addictive and it has all these twist and turns that makes to stay at the edge of your seat. It’s definitely not your everyday YA novel and it’s so much fun to read. I felt every emotion, good and bad. Fun or sad moments, I loved them all.

“I decided on classing it up for the party … If Charlie doesn’t dig my get up, I’ll expose her for what she is: asexual.”

I loved this book so much because it was so fresh and interesting. I was obsessed with Dante long before the book was released and getting the change to read it ahead of its publishing was a blessing.
I definitely highly recommend this book!

A huge Thank you, to Entangled Teen and NetGalley for the free review copy.

 I give it:

See the rest of my reviews here.
Until the next time,

No comments:

Post a Comment