Friday, February 28, 2014

Adult Review: A Hunger Like No Other (Immortals After Dark #2) by Kresley Cole

This book is suitable for Adult readers!!!
Goodread summary:
Acclaimed author Kresley Cole introduces a sizzling new series with this tale of a fierce werewolf and a bewitching vampire—unlikely soul mates whose passion will test the boundaries of life and death.

A mythic warrior who'll stop at nothing to possess her...

After enduring years of torture from the vampire horde, Lachlain MacRieve, leader of the Lykae Clan, is enraged to find the predestined mate he's waited millennia for is a vampire. Or partly one. This Emmaline is a small, ethereal half Valkyrie/half vampire, who somehow begins to soothe the fury burning within him.

A vampire captured by her wildest fantasy...

Sheltered Emmaline Troy finally sets out to uncover the truth about her deceased parents—until a powerful Lykae claims her as his mate and forces her back to his ancestral Scottish castle. There, her fear of the Lykae—and their notorious dark desires—ebbs as he begins a slow, wicked seduction to sate her own dark cravings.

An all-consuming desire...

Yet when an ancient evil from her past resurfaces, will their desire deepen into a love that can bring a proud warrior to his knees and turn a gentle beauty into the fighter she was born to be?

You can find the book on Goodreads
And you can purchase it from:

,
or

http://amzn.to/1cQK6Q5
And you should check out the author on Goodreads and her website.


I absolutely loved this book, so much so that I couldn’t wait to get my hands on book two and I loved that one as well.
Now some time has passed since I actually read the book but I still have some vivid memories of a struggling half-Valkyrie, half-vampire girl and a dangerously hot Lykae fighting each other and the rest of the world.

This series is up to book 12 right now so I knew what I was getting myself into even before I started the book but I couldn’t help myself. I knew that if I like this one I’ll simply have to continue reading or I’d go crazy and that’s the case right now.

And since this is originally the series I decided to start from there and from the very beginning I was fascinated with the world that was revealed to me. As per usually, it took me some time to get the facts straightened out in my head but once I did that I was left with incredibly fast-paced, scorching-hot relationship between two immortals who don’t actually like each other but are forced together.

“The Valkyrie did not believe in coincidence, only fate. And sometimes fate didn't even bother being subtle.”

As it is said in the summary, Lachlain MacRieve is leader of the Lykae Clan, but he’s been held captive for a ridiculous amount of time( not sure about the correct number) by the Vampire Horde. As fate should have it, one night, his mate, whom he has awaited for a millennia, strolled on the streets of Paris right on top of him and he sensed her. That fueled his strength to break away from his prison only to find himself tracking a vampire Halfling. Not the best news ever for him since he absolutely hates vampires but oh well

“Nix had told Emma before she'd left for Europe that on this trip she would 'do that which you were born to do.' Apparently, Emma was born to get kidnapped by a deranged Lykae. Her fate sucked.”

Emmaline Troy was just as surprised to find a large and very scary male Lykae on her heels but that was only the beginning of her troubles so she soon realized that she needs to toughen up, and fast.
All that happened in one or two chapters and it wasn’t even the slightly more interesting part of the book.

“Never run from one such as me, female. You will no’ get away - and we like it.”

I just love starting a new series because of all of the unknowns. It’s a black page and it could go anywhere and I love all the little discoveries that follow.
Having to witness Lachlain fighting for control and his struggles with this new world around him allowed us to see glimpses of what his past was like and this is one of my most favorite parts of the book. The amazing detail in which everything was explained had me wanting more and more.

I loved learning about the Lore and it felt kind of natural, that such thing would exist… It’s an incredibly interesting book and that’s not even including the sexual tension between the two characters.

“He stalked up behind her to clench her hips, and she stilled.
In a breathy voice, she asked, "You're going to make love to me again, aren't you?"
In answer,he lifted her onto the counter, tore off her shift, then pressed her naked body back into the blooms.”


I mean, they were so hell bent on fighting each other that they didn’t realize how close they had grown.

As in every story there was a bad guy. A very, very bad guy that had his eyes set on Emma and she and Lachlain would have to find a way to fight the threat looming over them so they could finally figure out what they are feeling for each other.

This firs book opens up to us an incredibly detailed world full of adventure and love and passion and all the things that make life interesting. I loved it and I’m really excited about the rest of the series!
 I give it:

Here are the other covers I found:

See the rest of my reviews here.
Until the next time,

No comments:

Post a Comment