Friday, March 7, 2014

Adult Review: Torn (Connections, #2) by Kim Karr

This book is suitable for Adult readers!!!


Goodread summary:
Rock star River Wilde brought Dahlia London back from the brink of hopelessness with his unwavering love and devotion. But their entangled history is about to test the strength of their relationship…

Dahlia was certain she had found true love and met her 'Once in a Lifetime’ when she reconnected with River. But Dahlia’s world comes crashing down when someone from her past resurfaces, and all of River’s carefully hidden secrets are exposed.

River wants to show Dahlia that life isn’t about waiting for the storm to pass—it’s about dancing in the rain. But how many times can one broken heart be mended?  Will River and Dahlia be able to stay together or will they be torn apart?

You can find the book on Goodreads
And you can purchase it from:

,
or

http://amzn.to/1cQW0JO
And you should check out the author on Goodreads and her website.


** SPOILER ALERT**
 I read Connected in a hurry mostly because I couldn't stop myself and this time it wasn't any different. I did try to slow down, to take a breather but I couldn't. It was like the book opened up in front of me and swallowed me whole. And I loved every minute of it.

“I love you. I want you. It's simply only you. I promise.”

In the beginning I was a bit confused because I was so excited to read it and everything from book one was kind of a blur, plus the story starts not from where book one ended but a day or two earlier so we get to relive some of the last events leading up to the end.

When that call came and Dahlia decided to pick up, everything changed in so many ways. We already know what Dahlia had to go through after Ben's death but now in a few shocking moments she is thrown back into the memories she's been trying to forget and she has to relive it all again.

“What it comes down to is that unless you tell me you still love him, there is nothing we can’t work out.”

The struggles she faces in this book are harder to deal with and she has a lot learn and deal with. It was a bumpy ride and I could feel her pain and I was sympathetic of her struggles.

Having to face Ben again, puts a strain on Dahlia's relationship with River but the problems there run deeper that just that and the book was filled with some heated arguments along with hot make-up sex and some hand-to-hand combat, along with everything else.

“Mine always," he whispers, nipping my earlobe with his teeth. "Yours forever," I breathe, burying my head in his neck.”

River was mostly his awesome self. He's always been very clear about his feelings about Dahlia and the sudden return of Ben makes him go a little crazy. It's normal really, if you think about it. River knows how much Dahl loved Ben and how much he has been though. He also knows that Ben isn't exactly who Dahlia remembers him to be, and everyone is always on edge for a long time.

All this I'm saying is pretty expected because the drama was inevitable at this point but what really surprised me was Ben.

“I stop and stand in front of him, motionless - we are former lovers turned strangers.”

The character Dahlia described to us in book one is not the person we meet her. The P.O.V was shifting and we got to read entries to the journal Ben's kept for Dahlia and some of the things I read there shocked and disgusted me. I felt for him at a certain point in the book but mostly, I was majorly pissed of that he was there and he was such an a**hole. I just expected and entirely different person but I guess that was part of the reason the book was so interesting ant incredible.

There's something else that bugged me at some point in the book but now I understand it. Dahlia and River just couldn't talk to each other and that caused some pretty heated arguments but almost all of them ended in sex. Like I said, they couldn't communicate properly so that was their way of dealing but at that time I wanted to see them talk things out. Now that I read the whole book I see that everything was building up for a reason and I love it the way it is but I couldn't help the feelings I got when I got them.

“Dahlia, I would have married you at the campus bar that night if you would have asked. You're the only one I have ever really loved; the only one I will ever love. You, beautiful girl, are every breath I take. So of course I'll marry you today.”

And the last thing I want to mention before I end my rant is the end and the final three chapters that were from River's P.O.V. That was the most amazing decision the author could have ever made because it was the perfect ending to the love story of these characters. I loved that we could have a glimpse into River's mind and see/read for ourselves just how much he loves Dahlia and to just observe what he feels around her on daily basis. Okay and one more thing... I just love River and the way he is and the choices he mad at the end of the book and everything that he did in the book and... oh I need to stop now or I'll spill everything.

The entire book was packed with emotions, whether they were good or bad. It was an incredible read and I read it in one sitting because it was so compelling. I just saw that this isn't the end of the series and that we'll get to see some of the other characters get closure so I'm extremely happy about that and I can't wait.
I received a copy of the book in exchange of an honest review and, well it doesn't get more honest that spilling my feelings ten minutes after finishing the book. So yeah, I'm really grateful for the book!
 I give it:
Here are the other covers I found:

See the rest of my reviews here.
Until the next time,

No comments:

Post a Comment