Friday, October 16, 2015

Adult Review: Rock Chick Renegade (Rock Chick #4) by Kristen Ashley

This book is suitable for Adult readers!!!


Goodread summary:
Jules has got a score to settle against the drug dealers of Denver. Vance has made it his mission that Jules won’t get dead while dishing out vigilante justice. Jules doesn’t have time for romance, she’s too busy saving the world and she enlists Zip (the gunstore owner), Heavy (an ex-PI) and Frank (a mysterious recluse) to help.

The Rock Chicks of Fortnum’s Bookstore get involved to provide romantic advice and guidance, none of which Jules accepts at first. The Hot Bunch of Nightingale Investigations adopt Jules as one of their own. Even though Jules tries to hang on to her inner Head Crackin’ Mamma Jamma, the Rock Chicks; Hot Bunch; Jules’s long-suffering Uncle Nick; Jules’s friend the rotund, African-American, Jackie-O wannabe, May; and especially Vance will stop at nothing to wear her down.

But Jules makes some bad guys pretty angry and one is dedicated to taking her out. Vance and the Hot Bunch have to pull out all the stops to keep her alive. At the same time, Jules and Vance learn the true meaning of home but once they find this precious entity they’ve been searching for all their lives, will Jules’s enemies tear it away?

You can find the book on Goodreads
And you can purchase it from:

,
or

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004S7BFXW/ref=as_li_tl?ie=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=390957&creativeASIN=B004S7BFXW&linkCode=as2&tag=thestobehtheb-20&linkId=26MBV7WCP7JIXCUH
And you should check out the author on Goodreads and her website.


I want to unread this so I can read it for the first time all over again! No, seriously! I want to be able to read this for the first time again because it was so freaking awesome!
I just know that all the books are going to be great after this one because they have gotten better and better with every next installment. 


  “If someone like you, someone as unbelievably beautiful as you, as crazy and sweet as you, filled with attitude and courage with her heart in the right place, in a lot of right places even though her head normally isn’t… if someone like you shares her bed with me, then that says something about me.”


I am crazy for Vance. I don't know why.. Of course there are the obvious reasons like he is extremely hot and awesome badass but there is something else about him. He has a way with words that makes me melt. And that quiet part that unravels you by just looking at you. I want that IRL. I just loved him from the second I met him and I was extremely happy to read his book. 


 “She’s a badass motherf**keress. She’d kick your ass soon as look at you. You’ve clapped your eyes on The Law. Count yourself lucky, sucker. Now, what’ll it f**kin’be?”

And Jules or Law.. well she is just as badass as Vance is. She was actually accepted as one of the boys because she is smart when she fights. She was included in so much more than any of the other girls were and she deserved it. She was a kick-ass character and I loved her for it. In her everyday life as a Social worker and in her night life as a vigilante hell bent on running off the drug dealers of Denver. She proved time and time again that she was smart about the decision she was making. Yeah she had her girly moments but she is entitled to those as she is, in fact, a girl. 


 I loved the side characters here as well but what I loved more were the new additions. Roam and Sniff. I just loved those two and I'm happy that they became a part of the story and that they will be there to stay. I wish we had known Park too because he sounded like one awesome kid but stuff happens for a reason. 
 
Anyway I love every single moment in this book. I loved the anghsty moments between Jules and Vance and I loved the tender moments and I especially loved the passionate moments. Then there were the kicking-ass moments that were in a category of their own.
It was an awesome action-packed story that kind of shifted it's focus from the back story of the other characters to accommodate Law and her special character. 


“I think we should break up,” I told him.
“Jesus, you’re a pain in the ass,” he muttered and went back to his book.
“Seriously, Vance.”
“Shut up, Jules,” he said without taking his eyes from his book.”
 



Anyway, I enjoyed reading this one so much! It was filled with comedy as much as the previous books and I loved that. I love the special connections made between some of the characters and I'm looking forward to seeing what happens next. 
 
 I give it:
See the rest of my reviews here.
Until the next time,

No comments:

Post a Comment