Monday, October 19, 2015

Adult Review: Rock Chick Revenge (Rock Chick, #5) by Kristen Ashley

This book is suitable for Adult readers!!!


Goodread summary:
Ava hates men, she has reason and she’s vowed not only never to get involved with another one again but also to exact vengeance on her best friend’s, lying, cheating husband. Since Luke, Ava’s childhood crush, is now a private investigator, she thinks to enlist him but changes her mind at the last second.

Too late, Luke knows she’s up to something and he’s already seen many a Rock Chick try to fight her own battles without the Hot Bunch stepping in. He’s having none of it. She’s having none of him. The clash of the Rock Chick and Hot Guy begins but Luke’s got the advantage. He has handcuffs and he’s not afraid to use them.

You can find the book on Goodreads
And you can purchase it from:

,
or

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004XW3LLQ/ref=as_li_tl?ie=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=390957&creativeASIN=B004XW3LLQ&linkCode=as2&tag=thestobehtheb-20&linkId=GB4WUH57JLFT3RP4
And you should check out the author on Goodreads and her website.


It's not my most favorite from the series but I still freaking loved it! The main character had her moments to annoy me but my overall opinion of her is that she is great and she is perfect for Luke... 



“Ava, you missed it when it happened so I’ll clue you in. Last night, around the time you fell asleep against me, you became mine.” 

Lucas Stark had one flaw that is entirely in my head because I don't like mustaches and he had one. It wasn't mentioned a lot so I could simply erase that detail and everything else was perfect, what with his tendency to cuff Ava to the bed and do all kinds of interesting things to her. 

“I figured the Nightingale Investigations job application form had the question "Are you hot? Yes. No. If you answered no, please exit the building.” 


He is one of the Hot Bunch and he is so what you'd expect... possessive to no end, crazy jealous at times, super hot which put Ava in a haze for like half of the book, and pretty much a fantasy come true. I loved his arrogant behavior and his half-grins and his 'Babe'... seriously that one word said it all. 


“You act like a bitch, I’ll call you a bitch and you’re actin’ like a fuckin’ bitch.”

And then there's Ava... She has issues! Both internal and external. She had a nonexistent support system from her mom and two bitch sisters and she has had HORRIBLE luck with guys the last of which actually ripped her off. She also has been in LOVE with Luke since she was eight so that didn't help matters at all. So here she was now, running around town, danger hot on her heels and Luke was there trying to protect her from it all simultaneously fighting each other for control. It was quite the show! 


Okay so Ava had problems on a few fronts. There were her feelings for Luke she was fighting... There was Ren, Riley and Dom. There were Dom's problems seeping into her life. And then there was Noah/or whoever he was.. Oh and of course there were the Rock Chicks and their "helpful" input. 


 “Babe,” Luke replied.
“I’ve been kidnapped again,” I informed him.


So you can imagine that it was pretty funny to read about all the idiotic things that were done and all the hilarious conversations that had Ava wishing someone would shoot her. There was drama like never before. Fighting, crying, passionate f**king, love making, and all those feelings floating around making things more interesting.

And again as in some of the previous books, there was a heavy portion of back-story weaved into this one and it was awesome. We saw the old favorite characters evolving and changing, things happened that made me incredibly happy and I am more excited than ever! I love it! All of it! It was a pretty awesome book if I do say so myself.
I am really looking forward to reading the next book and I can't wait to see what happens then!


 I give it:

See the rest of my reviews here.
Until the next time,

No comments:

Post a Comment