Friday, October 30, 2015

Adult Review: Rock Chick Revolution (Rock Chick #8) by Kristen Ashley

This book is suitable for Adult readers!!!


Goodread summary:
Ally Nightingale has secrets. Secrets she doesn't even share with the Rock Chicks. But two men know what she's up to. One has her back. The other has her heart, but he doesn't know it.

As Ally rewinds the last year of her life, she knows two things. One, she’s never going to get what every Rock Chick should have—her own Hot Bunch guy. And two, she’s a Nightingale through and through. She just isn’t sure what to do about that.

But as her secrets are revealed, the men in her life react. Darius Tucker, a lifelong friend, as usual takes her back. Ren Zano, the man she loves, isn’t quite so sure. The Rock Chicks, Hot Bunch and the entire gang at Fortnum’s weigh in, and a Rock Chick Revolution starts brewing.

It’s up to Ally to control it and prove what she knows down to her bones.

She’s a Rock Chick, she deserves her hot guy and she’s going to keep the one she wants…

Because she’s a Nightingale.

You can find the book on Goodreads
And you can purchase it from:

,
or

http://amzn.to/1Gy87w8
And you should check out the author on Goodreads and her website.


It was the perfect ending for a nearly perfect series! 
The book we've all been waiting for and it was BRILLIANT!

“I give you the sign, you move in.”
“What’s the sign?’ Mace pushed.
“I was thinking a rain dance on the front lawn. That work for you?” I replied snottily.”




What else could I say really? It was everything the previous books were but more evolved. Yeah, it was Ally's book and she was the most serious of all the Rock Chicks if you can believe me! 

I couldn't believe it myself because we all know Ally. We were there for everything she was up to during the first book (she was kind of most active there) but we were also there to witness the encouraging replies and the demanding of information from all the other Rock Chicks and all that time she was keeping so many secrets. I didn't see it coming.
And from all the Rock Chicks, aside from the year of pretending to be fuck-buddies, Ally's relationship with Ren was the most stable one in terms of commitment and expression of emotions. 


“No, baby , we are not. I’ve had fuck buddies, Ally. And not one of them looked like you look when I slide inside you, every fucking time I slide inside you. Like a piece of you has been lost and now it’s found.”
Oh crap.
I probably looked just like that.” 


They had a year to be close even though Ally would deny it repeatedly so their relationship was the only one in the group that progressed slightly like a normal relationship.
But then Ren moved into Italian American badass mode so there was that. It was lovely really.
How open they were with each other and how they each considered the other's feelings. It was beautiful to see them interact. 


 “Everything you do, what you eat, what you drink, how you live, how you love, how you work, all of it runs deep. You give it everything. It means everything to you.” His hand suddenly caught mine that was resting on my thigh and he gave it a squeeze. “Come here, baby.”
I bent to him and his hand went to the small of my back, sliding up my spine and into my hair.
“Teach that to our kids, will you?”


The passion was there but there was also understanding and a lot less bossing around and nearly no demands thrown around for a good measure. They actually acted like a normal couple and that was most shocking of all because it was ALLY! Of all people, I expected her story to be the wildest. 

What it was however, was serious and to the point. There was drama but it was also contained and not out of control. There were a lot of interesting stuff happening but the pace was significantly slower and the shocks were few and far in between. It was proof that things were settling down for the characters and that was good. Each got their dose of excitement but they were evolving into something quite awesome and I loved it more than anything.
I really enjoyed reading this book. It was over before I knew it and it means the end of and era but it was beautiful and amazing and I'm glad that the series got such a strong end. I'm happy!


 I give it:

See the rest of my reviews here.
Until the next time,

No comments:

Post a Comment