Friday, October 23, 2015

Review: Rock Chick Reckoning (Rock Chick, #6) by Kristen Ashley

This book is suitable for Adult readers!!!


Goodread summary:
Stella’s the lead singer and lead guitarist of The Blue Moon Gypsies and Stella used to be Mace’s girl. Mace broke up with her, though, and the loss of him rocked her world. But Stella gets a call, late at night (again) from one of the members of her crazy band. She has to go play clean up (again) and runs into Mace and a shed load of police, and ends up getting shot.

Mace finds he doesn’t like it much that his ex-girlfriend got shot right in front of him but it’s worse. A very bad man has thrown down the gauntlet and all the Rock Chicks are in the firing line. Stella doesn’t want Mace to be the one to keep her alive, but she has no choice. Mainly because Mace isn’t giving her one.

You can find the book on Goodreads
And you can purchase it from:

,
or

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0067LH1QC/ref=as_li_tl?ie=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=390957&creativeASIN=B0067LH1QC&linkCode=as2&tag=thestobehtheb-20&linkId=QHV4LJ5PAGZ4GRTJ
And you should check out the author on Goodreads and her website.


 Spoilers!
I would give it 10 AWESOME Rock Chick stars if I could but sadly 5 is all I can do! Absolutely amazing!
OMG!
I can't even begin to tell you how awesome this book was. I don't know how to begin to explain all the shit that went down this time.
Okay let's start with Stella Gunn. Our newest Rock Chick that is actually kind of an old Rock Chick because she is a friend of Indy and Ally and she has already dated Mace but then he broke it off. So now we get to see someone who doesn't go from 0 to 60 in 2 seconds flat when it comes to a relationship. Stella and Mace actually knew each other for a while before Indy's story began and they were together so they already had a connection and a history but things weren't easy for them. 


“One thing you can say, Stella Gunn," Dixon remarked, now his mouth was twitching " You're pure, fuckin' rock 'n' roll.” 

Stella barely got her life together after Mace left her. She has her band and her music and her huge, adorable dog, so they were quite enough to keep her busy. And she is a very strong character that made things really interesting.
However the newest drama surrounding the characters is directed at all the Rock Chicks and has finally caught the attention of the press. 


It's sufficed to say that things got out of hand fast and hard and as the bullets were flying, the grenades were exploding and the fights were raging on we got to witness a beautiful relationship begin anew and flourish into the steady love story it was supposed to be.
It was precious!


I absolutely loved Stella but this book was my favorite mainly because of Mace. There is something incredibly sexy about a man that can hardly control his rage when it's directed at people trying to hurt the woman he loves. There was this line that Mace said... “She gets hurt, any of them gets hurt, I go maverick. You understand me?” This enough had me.. I don't know how to explain what that line did to me. I loved it!


“I fucked up and hurt you. It won't happen again.” His fingers tensed around my head and his deep voice dropped low. “I promise you, Kitten, it won't happen again.” 

Mace is just so awesome. I know I've said that for most of the characters but I really think Mace is my favorite and then Vance... oh I loved Vance too but lets not get carried away.
There were little things that happened and then there were huge things that happened like the wedding that we've all been waiting for. Also there were different P.O.V and I loved that! I know this was introduced in the previous book but this time it was a lot more and we got to see things from different perspectives. 


I loved absolutely every single part of this book. It was kind of weird seeing the P.O.Vs from the previous characters because I was kind of in sync with Stella and Mace but it was also kind of awesome because we got to see them again when they have settled a little bit into their respective relationships.


And now to go back to Mace... Oww! I am just starstruck and I was freaking out when it was a Mace P.O.V. There weren't nearly enough of those as I might have liked but it was pretty awesome what little we got.


“I’m sorry I fought you, Mace,” I whispered. “But now that you’re mine again, I’m never going to let you go.” 

The Epilogue kind of freaked me out a bit because I know there are two more books after this and I was surprised to see the HEAs now but I enjoyed it a lot so I got over my freak out and started writing down all the names to all the kiddos and it was perfect!

Read it! This is the only thing I can say after this incredible book. Read it if you haven't already. It was the best so far! 


 I give it:
 
See the rest of my reviews here.
Until the next time,

No comments:

Post a Comment